Man on Wireless

I have a radio show. I post mp3s of it here.

Saturday 12 June 2010

After School Special: Soul, Mate

Alright. Wall to wall sweet soul music for your listening pleasure today. Minimal chat -- minus a little read-aloud excerpt of Nelson George's classic black music treatise "The Death of Rhythm and Blues" -- and maximum tunes. Get on that shit.

After School Special: Week Fourteen



1. Albert King -- Breaking Up Somebody's Home
2. Bobby "Blue" Bland -- Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City
3. Etta James -- Tell Mama
4. Tim Jacob -- Mercy Baby
5. Carla Thomas -- My Man Believes Me
6. The Carrolls -- Surrender Your Love
7. Chocolate Snow -- Inflation
8. Mel and Tim -- Starting All Over Again
9. William Bell -- I Forgot To Be Your Lover
10. Ann Peebles -- Can't Stand the Rain
11. Irma Thomas -- Long After Tonight Is Over
12. Johnny Adams -- I Wish It Would Rain
13. Stanley Winston -- No More Ghettos in America

No comments:

Post a Comment