Man on Wireless

I have a radio show. I post mp3s of it here.

Tuesday 29 June 2010

After School Special: Patio Songs

It finally got hot. So I recorded a musical guide to summer. On location on my patio, no less. You can practically feel the sunshine and happy vibes washing over you through your speakers. I imagine. Waves breaking on a beach, leather thudding off willow, tofu sizzling on a barbecue. All these sounds and more are evoked. This is my last radio missive for a while, so slip into something summery and get it while it's hot...

After School Special: Week Sixteen



1. The Fabulous Wailers -- Tall Cool One
2. The Undertones -- Here Comes the Summer
3. Nick Cave -- Here Comes the Sun
4. Dick Dale and his Deltones -- Shake 'n' Stomp
5. Ernest Ranglin -- Surfin'
6. The Duckworth Lewis Method -- Gentlemen and Players
7. James Yorkston -- Summer Song
8. Cam'ron -- I Hate My Job
9. Two Gallants -- Long Summer Day
10. Canned Heat -- Going Up the Country
11. Lou Christie -- Guitars and Bongos
12. Gorkys Zygotic Mynci -- Honeymoon with You
13. The Ramones -- California Sun
14. Nick Drake -- Saturday Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment